There’s been no shortage of development happening on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC) the last 10 years with plenty more to come. According to the BNMC, two million square feet of development has recently been completed and almost two million square feet more is under construction. Significant streetscape enhancements are nearly finished including 44 signature signs throughout the Campus and informational kiosks with maps located at major pedestrian areas.
Click on the ’10 year graphic’ below to view pdf of past development. Also coming soon:
- Green Commons – three historic buildings that showcase best practices in land use, energy and transportation is expected to open in 2015.
- Conventus – medical office, research and clinical care facility expected to open in 2015
- RPCI’s Clinical Sciences Center – 11 story Clinical Sciences facility expected to open in 2016
- UB’s School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences – expected to open in 2017
- Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo – expected to open in 2017
Development is funded by an investment of nearly $750 million in private, public, and philanthropic dollars. 5,000 more employees to the Medical Campus is estimated by 2017.