Buffalo Niagara Enterprise recently secured access to fDi Markets, which is a service of the Financial Times. It is a comprehensive online database of cross-border greenfield investments, covering the last decade in all countries and sectors worldwide. This service provides access to real-time monitoring of investment projects, capital investment and job creation. It also tracks and profiles companies investing overseas, and conducts in-depth analysis to uncover trends.
fDi Markets will enable us to:
- Improve lead generation/identify target companies by allowing BNE to develop a robust pipeline of potential investors within our target sectors and receive instant alerts on companies that are planning to invest abroad.
- Profile active investors through its profiles of over 60,000 active investors. This will allow BNE to better understand a company’s cross-border investment strategy: where they have invested to date; the types of projects they have invested in; key contact people within the organization and future expansion plans.
- Develop our investment promotion strategy using trends analysis to understand the size, potential and composition of source markets and sectors. This will enable BNE to develop strategies on the actual size and growth of the greenfield market.
- Produce in-depth analysis of key markets and sectors through fDi’s comprehensive trend analysis of each location and sector that BNE targets – including who the key investors are, motives driving investment, key competitors, and more.
- Evaluate our performance against competitors and “best in class” locations using the number and size of projects secured. We will use this information to benchmark our performance against both competing and “best in class” locations within key sectors and source markets.
- Enhance our marketing and public relations efforts by using fDi Markets’ data in our press releases and marketing materials.
- Prepare for overseas investment missions by generating a list of target companies to meet with while on overseas investment missions via fDi’s extensive database.
We believe that the intelligence and research provided by fDi will be a great enhancement to our marketing efforts. For more information on their comprehensive services, visit www.fdimarkets.com.
By Graham Smith, BNE Research Director